Quick & easy recipe makes one batch of seven 1/2-pint containers.
- Measuring Cups
- Freezer Containers
- 2 Bowls or Kettles
- Potato Masher
- 4 Pints Fresh Fruit
- 1⁄4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 4 ½ Cups Sugar
- 1 Box MCP Pectin
- Wash & rinse your containers; make sure they have tight fitting lids.
- Prepare your berries. Remove stems, rinse, and drain in colander. Add berries to your kettle and mash with a potato masher. When you have 3 1⁄4 cups of crushed berries, add 1⁄4 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- Gradually add 1 box of MCP Pectin into fruit. Mix thoroughly and let sit for 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes to dissolve pectin completely.
- In a separate bowl, measure 4 ½ cups of sugar.
- Gradually add and stir in sugar with the crushed berries until dissolved. Note: You can sample your jam mixture to check that the sugar is completely dissolved. When it's no longer grainy, it is ready.
- Pour into prepared containers leaving ½" head space for expansion during freezing.
- Let stand until set. Jam will last 2-3 weeks in the fridge or 1-2 years in the freezer.