A delicious dessert!
- 2 Cups Sugar
- ½ Cup Water
- 1 ½ Cups Butter
- 1 ½ Cups Chocolate Chips
- 1 ½ Cups Chopped Hazelnuts
- Line a13-in. x 9-in. sheet pan with foil; coat the foil with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, add sugar and water and bring to a boil. Stir constantly.
- After sugar is dissolved add the butter, one at a time.
- Cook and stir until mixture turns golden brown and a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard crack stage.)
- Pour hot mixture onto the sheet pan.
- Sprinkle with the chocolate chips then hazelnuts.
- Let stand at room temperature until cool, about1 – 1½ hours.
- Break into bite-sized pieces.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Make sure to pick-up some of our shelled hazelnuts in the Gourmet Section in the Farm Store or give us a call and we’ll hold them for you