Barb Bauman shows you how to make fresh strawberry freezer jam. Learn about the best ingredients, tips, and steps to take for the most delicious jam.
Bauman’s Quick & Easy Freezer Jam Using MCP Pectin
- Wash and rinse your containers, make sure they have tight fitting lids. 1-2 Cup sized containers are best. 1 batch will make 7-1/2 pint size containers.
- Prepare your berries – 3 pints per batch, remove stems, wash and drain in a colander. Crush berries with a potato masher. Measure exactly 3 1/4 cup crushed strawberries into a bowl and add 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice.
- Gradually add 1 box of MCP pectin into fruit. Mix thoroughly and let sit 30 min, stirring every 5 min to dissolve pectin completely.
- Measure exactly 4 1/2 sugar into separate bowl.
- Stir in sugar gradually until completely dissolved.
- Pour into prepared containers – leaving 1/2” head space for expansion during freezing.
- Let stand until set. Refrigerate up to 3 months. Can store in freezer from 1 to 2 years!
Bauman’s Quick & Easy Jam Supplies
- Fresh ripened Fruit
- MCP Pectin
- Measuring Cups
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Freezer Containers
- 2 Bowls or Kettles
- Potato Masher